The Deepings Lions Club
2020 Virtual Duck Race Lottery
(Last Entry 2.00 pm Saturday 5th Sept)
Terms and Conditions
- The organiser is The Deepings Lions Club whose Registered Charity Number is 1026593.
- The Promoter is: Mr M Drinkall, 1 Somes Close, Uffington, PE9 4UE.
- The Lottery is authorised by Lottery Licence Number L003 issued by South Kesteven District Council.
- Participation in the Virtual Duck Race will either on line or directly from a member of The Deepings Lions Club.
- A receipt in the form of a lottery ticket with an allocated duck number will be sent either directly by e-mail or provided by a member of Deepings Lions Club.
- The lottery ticket contains the following information:
The name of the society on whose behalf the lottery is being promoted
The value of the ticket
The name and address of the member of the Lions Club who is responsible for the promotion of the lottery
The date of the draw.
- Virtual Duck Race lottery entries can only be purchased by persons over the age of 16 years.
- All monies raised from this lottery will be donated to ‘SENSE’ the Charity designated as the beneficiary of the proceeds as decided by The Deepings Lions Club.
- The Virtual Duck Race will comprise of a compilation of video recordings made and still photographs taken from previously run Deepings Lions Duck Race events on the River Welland at Deeping St James. They will be available for viewing ‘On Line’ on the day of the Race on Deepings Lions Facebook Page.
- The Virtual Duck Race will not determine the winning Duck numbers. The winning Duck numbers will be allocated from a by random selection from entries to determine: First Place, Second Place & Third Places.
- The First Place Duck will be declared the overall winner and receive the first prize, the Second Place Duck will receive the second prize and the Third Place Duck will receive the third prize.
- The Deepings Lions Club accepts no responsibility for any technical failure of the event that may cause the Virtual Duck Race to be unavailable for viewing or disrupted or corrupted during viewing.
- In the event of any error, ticket number allocation or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way The Deepings Lions Club reserve the right to administer the lottery as though the error had not been made.
- Winning Duck numbers will be announced on the day of the Virtual Duck Race on the Deepings Lions Club Facebook Page. To request a list of winning Duck numbers please post a self-addressed and stamped envelope to: Mr M Drinkall, 1 Somes Close, Uffington, PE9 4EU.
- The result of the race, as declared by The Deepings Lions is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The cash prizes will be paid by Stirling Cheque drawn on a UK bank.
- Prize winners will be contacted by The Deepings Lions Club to arrange payment using the contact information made available by the entrant. Identification and proof of age must be given in order for payment to be made.
- Where the Deepings Lions Club is unable to contact a prize winner so that a prize remains uncollected for six months following the race day then the prize money will be allocated to The Deepings Lions Club charity fund.
- By claiming and accepting a prize the winners must agree to any publicity that The Deepings Lions Club may wish to undertake. All winners are required to co-operate with The Deepings Lions Club right to publish the winners’ names.
GDPR and Data Protection
The Deepings Lions club will request details of sponsors name, address, e-mail and/or contact telephone number for the sole purpose of contacting the winners to arrange payment of winnings. We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
The Deepings Lions club will not be using this information for marketing purposes and will not sell or pass on this information to any other persons or organisations.
The Deepings Lions club will make every effort to keep this information secure and private.
The Deepings Lions club will keep this information only until the winners have been identified and contacted. After this time, all information will be destroyed securely. Sponsors have the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of their information at any time and can do so by contacting our Data Protection Officer or Club Secretary.
Contacts: Data Protection Officer: Nicki Waldie – email@example.com
Club Secretary: Dave Turner – firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Club Secretary – email@example.com